Davao (Philippines): Permit to travel for minors (under 15 years old)
Guests below 15 years old traveling unaccompanied or with a person other than his/her parent (s) from Davao, Philippines, must have a Permit to Travel.
Please note that in line with our policy we do not accept unaccompanied minors. Minors are below 12 years old.
The Davao City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) have a counter at the departure lobby of the Davao International Airport to attend/assist in the Permit to Travel and other pertinent documents. Approval from the CSSDO is required before guest can be accepted on the flight.
Here are some guidelines on the Permit to Travel issued by Davao City Social Services:
WHY IS A PERMIT TO TRAVEL ISSUED/REQUIRED?
· protect the child from abuse & exploitation
· prevent child trafficking
· ensure that the travelling companion is duly authorized and support minor’s needs while under his/her custody
WHO IS REQUIRED TO SECURE PERMIT TO TRAVEL?
A child/minor (a person below 15 years old) travelling who is in any of the following circumstances:
· travelling alone
· travelling with a person other than anyone of his/her parents or those exercising parental authority and legal custody of the child
A child travelling with both his/her parents is not required to secure permit to travel as long as there is available document to prove that minor’s company is his/her parents.
WHO CAN FILE FOR PERMIT TO TRAVEL?
· Minor below 15years old
· the minor’s parents or legal guardian
· the minor’s travelling companion
· authorized representative of parent/legal guardian
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURING PERMIT TO TRAVEL?
· Birth Certificate of the minor (original & photocopy)
· Barangay Clearance issued by the Punong Barangay (stating that the barangay has knowledge of the travel plans of the minor)
· Written parental consent attested by the Punong Barangay
· If no parents, the consent shall be made by the grandparents or the eldest sibling attested by the Punong Barangay
· Identification Card of minor (original & photocopy)
· Identification Card of authorized person who will accompany the child in his/her travels (original & photocopy)
davao, permit to travel, minor, child, not accompanied by parent, unaccompanied