AirAsia X Red Carpet Service is now available online – Effective 23rd January 2013
Effective 23rd January 2013, AirAsia X Red Carpet service will be available as a prebooked option.
Please note that the service will ONLY be available upon departure in Kuala Lumpur LCCT (KUL) and at no other ports in the AirAsia X network.
1. What is Red Carpet Service?
As the name suggests, this is an exclusive service provided to guest who has purchased this service either online/ at sales counters or at the check in counters.
In addition to the professional, courteous and friendly service provided by the Red Carpet Team, Guests will also be accorded a speedier process from check-in to boarding.
For a small fee, ordinary people can now travel as VIPs in an extraordinary way.Until further notice this service will not be available online for AirAsia X.
2. When will it be effective for AirAsia X guests?
On 3rd December 2012 we introduced 10 walk in purchase for the service, from 1st January 2013 we introduced unlimited walk in purchase subject to availability and now on 23rd January 2013 guest will be able to prebook this service. Prebook is limited to 5 guests per flight.
3. How much does it cost to get this service?
RM100 for prebook and RM125 for airport rate (walk-in)
4. Is the fee for Red Carpet Service charged per guest or per booking?
The fee for Red Carpet Service is charged on a per guest per segment/sector basis.
5. Will there be any discounts for children or infants?
The fee charges will be the same for children and adults; however, infants will be given a complimentary service.
6. Is this service available at all destinations?
No, currently this service is only available in Kuala Lumpur for flights departing from LCCT. This service is not available to Fly-Thru guest who transit in Kuala Lumpur LCCT.
7. What are the benefits?
- Dedicated Red Carpet check-in counters
- Priority tagging and loading
- Access to the Plaza Premium lounge at LCCT
- Fast track immigration & security clearance
- Priority Boarding with buggy service to the bay (subject to aircraft parking bay distance)
- Priority baggage delivery upon arrival
8. Can guests pre-book Red Carpet Service online for D7 flights?
Yes, effective 23rd January 2013 guest will be able to prebook this service online. This service is restricted to 5 guests per flight.
9. If a guest has self-checked in, where would he/she need to go to purchase Red Carpet service on the day of departure?
At Kuala Lumpur (LCCT), the guest may proceed to AirAsia’s dedicated Red Carpet Service Counter. Please note that this service is provided by AirAsia.
10. Are there any additional benefits to this service which is extended onboard?
No, the Red Carpet Service is only available on the ground at the airport.
11. Will Guests who have purchased the Red Carpet Service be given a seat of their choice?
No, Guests will still need to be pre-book and pay for their preferred Hot Seat or Standard Seat.
12. Under the Red Carpet Service, what service recovery is provided if a flight is delayed or cancelled?
Guests whose flight is delayed or cancelled will be entitled to a full refund, or the service transferred to the next available flight which the guest is rebooked on.
red carpet, redcarpet, red carpet service, VIP, VIP service, special service, airasia x, special treatment