Every guest is special, but we go the extra mile for the extra special guest.
Unaccompanied Minors (UM)
Children aged below 12 shall not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years old.
Young Passenger Travelling Alone (YPTA)
Children aged 12 and above shall be accepted for carriage only if a parent or a legal guardian signs a Limited Liability Statement upon check-in.
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise us of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of a seat and at the check-in counter. Our carriage of pregnant passengers are subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnancy up to 27 weeks (inclusive): Except on flights to/from the United States, Guest must sign AirAsia X Limited Liability Statement at the time of check-in to absolve AirAsia X against any liabilities arising there from.
- Pregnancy between 28 weeks and 34 weeks (inclusive): Except on flights to/from the United States, Guest must:
- Submit an approved doctor's medical certificate.
- Submit a doctor's medical certificate confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy and the certificate shall be dated not more than thirty (30) days from either the scheduled outbound or the scheduled inbound flight departure date as the case may be.
- Sign AirAsia X Limited Liability Statement at the time of check-in to absolve AirAsia X against any liabilities arising there from.
- Pregnancy 35 weeks and above: carriage not permitted on AirAsia X.
Guests with reduced mobility (Wheelchair/mobility device assistance)
Passengers with specific requirements regarding special assistance and Passengers with medical conditions/illnesses including those who may require administering or carrying medication/syringes on board are requested to contact us via AirAsia live web chat or our call centre 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure date to make a prior arrangement for the type of special assistance required.
We accept Passengers’ wheelchairs/mobility devices (including battery-powered wheelchairs/mobility devices) on our flights. We have provided more information on how your wheelchair/mobility device will be transported in the AskAirAsia FAQs.
Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance are requested to pre-book the service at the time of booking or via Manage My Booking at least 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Failure to notify us may result in any special assistance or wheelchair service being unavailable upon your arrival at the airport and you being refused carriage, except where otherwise required by law.