Asia's leading airline was established with the dream of making flying possible for everyone. Since 2001, AirAsia has swiftly broken travel norms around the globe and has risen to become the world's best. Air Asia was named the World’s Best Low Cost Airline in the annual World Airline Survey by Skytrax for five consecutive years in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and has been ranked Top 5 among the most recognized and admired airlines in the Asia Pacific Top 1000 Brands 2008. With a route network that spans through to over 20 countries, AirAsia continues to pave the way for low-cost aviation through our innovative solutions, efficient processes and a passionate approach to business. Together with our associate companies, AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia and Philippines' AirAsia Inc , AirAsia is set to take low-cost flying to an all new high with our belief, "Now Everyone Can Fly".
Click here to view awards & recognition.
Focusing on the low-cost, long-haul segment - AirAsia X was established in 2007 to provide high-frequency and point-to-point networks to the long-haul business. AirAsia X's cost efficiencies are derived from maintaining a simple aircraft fleet and a route network based on low-cost airports, without complex code-sharing and other legacy overheads that weigh down traditional airlines without compromising on safety. Guests continue to enjoy low fares, through cost savings that we pass on to our guests.
AirAsia X's efficient and reliable operations are fully licensed and monitored by Malaysian and international regulators, and adhere to full international standards. AirAsia X is committed in offering X-citing low fares, X-emplary levels of safety and care, and an X-traordinary in-flight and service experience to all our guests - spreading the amazing AirAsia experience to X-citing destinations in Australia and Greater Asia.
To be the largest low cost airline in Asia and serving the 3 billion people who are currently underserved with poor connectivity and high fares.
- To be the best company to work for whereby employees are treated as part of a big family
- Create a globally recognized ASEAN brand
- To attain the lowest cost so that everyone can fly with AirAsia
- Maintain the highest quality product, embracing technology to reduce cost and enhance service levels
- Safety: Adopting a zero tolerance to unsafe practices and strive for zero accidents through proper training, work practices, risk management and adherence to safety regulations at all times.
- Valuing our People: Committing to our people’s development and well-being and treating them with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Customer Focused: We care and treat everyone in the same manner that we want to be treated.
- Integrity: Practicing highest standards of ethical behaviour and demonstrate honesty in all our lines of work in order to command trust and mutual respect.
- Excellence in Performance: Setting goals beyond the best and reinforcing high quality performance standards and achieving excellence through implementing best practices.
The key to delivering low fares is to consistently keeping cost low. Attaining low cost requires high efficiency in every part of the business and maintaining simplicity. Therefore every system process must incorporate the best industry practices.
The key components of the LCC business model are the following;
- No free food & beverages. Why give away something that you don't appreciate? Guests are most welcome to purchase food & drinks at an affordable price from the cabin crew.
- Self-selected or auto-selected seat. Guests may either select their preferable seats by paying RM30 extra for seat selecting or the online booking system will auto select seats for guests.
- Ticketless airlines. Less hassle for the customer, who doesn't have to worry about collecting tickets before travelling, and cost-effective for the airlines (paper, printing, distributing).
- No refund. Airlines waste a lot of money when guests do not show up for a flight due to refunds and rescheduling. Whether a guest shows up or not, the cost of flight to the airline is the same. LCC are unforgiving to no show guests and do not offer refunds for missed flights.
- BIG Loyalty Program. Members of the AirAsia BIG Loyalty Program will be able to collect points when flying with AirAsia to redeem FREE AirAsia Flights.
- Single type of aircraft. Pilots, flight attendants, mechanics and operations personnel are specialised in a single type of aircraft, which means, among others, that there is no need for costly re-training of staff, for maintaining a stock with parts for different types of aircraft, for knowledge and skills in order to operate and maintain different types of aircraft with their own characteristics, or for new work requirements.
- Single class seating. There is only one class seating, i.e first class, and guests are free to sit where they choose. Should you want to have the privilege to choose your seats, you can by purchasing Xpress boarding.
- Standard Operating Procedures. SOPs are important to ensure same level of competence among all the staff. This way we can ensure the homogeneity of service throughout the company.
- AirAsia strives to maximize profits and offer low fares for high quality service. The airline has optimized costs by operating a faster turnaround time (25 minutes), improving aircraft utilization and crew efficiency, providing a “no frills” service, using one type of aircraft to save training costs, all of which result in savings which are passed back to consumers in the form of low fares.
- Secondary airports. Low cost carriers mostly fly to and from airports that are not necessarily the busiest, for example, London - Stanstead rather than London - Heathrow. These are often referred to as secondary airports. Operating from so called secondary airports is cheaper than from the bigger major airports and they are also a lot less congested and "turnaround times" for aircraft are a lot shorter. For instance, to minimise fees AirAsia fly into Clark Airbase which is 70km away from Manila as appose to flying into Manila Ninoy Aquino airport.
- Business Lounges. Forget about it.
Code of Conduct: Ensuring we do our business fairly, impartially, ethically, and with the utmost regard to safety.
Our Loyalty Programme, BIG
BIG is the 'first of its kind' global loyalty programme where you earn BIG Points with every transaction to redeem FREE* AirAsia Flights. Members also enjoy priority booking, special offers and discounts exclusively as an AirAsia BIG Loyalty Member.
* Terms & Conditions apply