All for one. One for all.
It’s the people who make the airline.
Our pilots, cabin crew, guest services, ramp agents, engineers and corporate Allstars are united for one purpose. We’re here to champion low fares so you can fly anytime and anywhere.
|CLAIM YOUR LOW FARES HERE |
Captain R Dharmaraj
Chief Pilot Operations
- It takes a pilot 5 to 10 years, logging thousands of flying hours and passing a battery of interviews and exams to attain the Captain status. Pilots can only operate a total of 100 hours in 28 days, and up to 1,000 hours a year.
Our pilots are trained on maintaining a high level of safety while integrating industry best practices on fuel savings
Our pilots make full use of the landing strip length to slow down the aircraft without using the reversal flap. That creates a more comfortable landing and saves us 17kgs of fuel.
- Our 4,850 cabin crew are a diverse bunch and hail from all over Asia.
- A single cabin crew spends an average of 90-120 hours a month in the air and attends to the needs of 45 guests per flight.
- We celebrate individuality here at AirAsia and our cabin crew are encouraged to express themselves in a fun and friendly manner.
- Each of our cabin crew undergo intensive training where they learn about safety procedures and equipment, first aid and inflight service amongst other skills.
Farhana Ahmad Faisal
Cabin Crew Manager, Operations
Group Head, Ground Operations
- 1,877 Guest Service Assistants from 25 countries are deployed across AirAsia Group’s network.
- In our largest stations such as klia2, each Guest Service Assistant serves 300 guests per day, checking in guests with bags within 90 seconds and 60 seconds for guests without bags.
- 866 Ramp Agents in Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines handle 1,300 tonnes of baggage per day. In any given shift, one Ramp Agent may handle more than 2,000 bags!
- Ramp teams have a maximum of 18 minutes per turnaround to fully complete the entire offloading of up to 3 tonnes of cargo and 300 bags, service the aircraft toilet and water systems, and proceed to pushback the aircraft for its next flight just 25 minutes after arrival!
- Ramp Agents are active and multi-talented—some are even in a rock band, a dikir barat (traditional Malay performance) ensemble and an Indian traditional music group!
S. Hamid B Mohd Yusof
Head of Department, Ramp Services
Anaz Ahmad Tajuddin
Group Head, Engineering
- 80 of our engineering personnel prepare for 780 take-offs per day.
- 500 cans of engine oil are changed by 8 personnel every night.
- On behalf of AirAsia, our engineering team was awarded the A320 Family Best Operational Excellence Award by Airbus 2 times in a row.