Hotel Only Terms and Conditions
- This Platform allows you to book a hotel room and other hotel related add ons (“Hotel Package”). These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall govern your Hotel Booking on the airasia.com website and airasia superapp mobile application (collectively known as “Platform”), which are owned and operated by us.
- This Terms and Conditions shall be the legally binding document between you and AirAsia Com Travel Sdn Bhd (“AirAsia, us, we, our”).
- The Hotel Package is offered for booking on the Platform in collaboration with various hotel room providers both direct and indirect (“Hotel Provider”). You acknowledge that by completing a Hotel Booking, you are deemed to have read, understood and expressly agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Hotel Provider.
- You accept and acknowledge that we are only a distributor of the Hotel Package and hence, assumes no liability should there be any loss or damages as a result of any act or omission or negligence on the part of the Hotel Partners (hereunder defined) in the course of its performance.
- The Hotel Package made available for booking on the Platform is fulfilled and supplied by the respective hotel owner, hotel management company and/or its merchant partners or service partners (“Hotel Partners”) and you accept that the Hotel Partners may impose its respective terms and conditions which will be additional to this Terms and Conditions and by virtue of you completing the purchase, you agree to bound by and abide by such additional terms and conditions, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
- The Hotel Package available on the Platform (“airasia Hotel”) is open for booking to the general public and all transactions on the Platform are completed, handled, processed and collected by us in Malaysia. We are the first point of customer support in relation to your Hotel Booking as such should you have any inquiries please contact us through our customer service.
- You acknowledge that the booking of Hotel Package on this Platform is made available on a standalone “hotel only” basis and will not be affected by any flight cancellation or suspension to a particular destination. Failure to check in accordance with the Hotel Package booked will result in full cancellation unless otherwise specified in the confirmation of booking email.
- Once you have completed the booking of the Hotel Package, the booking confirmation will be emailed to the email address that you have provided during the booking process.
- Once a booking is made, you are not allowed to make any changes such as changing dates, room types, guest information etc.
- Booking of Hotel Package offered on the Platform is strictly subject to availability.
Book Now Pay Later
- We may in some cases offer you the option to pay us at a later date (“Book Now, Pay Later” or “BNPL”) during your booking process of the Hotel Package.
- If you have selected this option, your payment for the Hotel Package will be at such future time as indicated in the check-out page and the corresponding provisional reservation confirmation email you will receive upon successful reservation of your Hotel Package (“Charge Date”). You authorise us to charge your payment method or debit your payment method on such Charge Date.
- If your payment method is declined on such Charge Date, an email containing the payment link shall be sent to your registered email address to modify your original payment method information or select an alternative payment method to complete payment for your Hotel Package, which shall be charged immediately. Should you choose to proceed with the same payment information or method, kindly ignore the payment link sent. A second attempt for payment will be triggered within 48 hours.Upon unsuccessful attempt on charging or debiting your modified payment method, we will proceed to cancel the Hotel Package reservation.
- Any promotional codes shall not be applicable for BNPL. The acceptable payment methods under the BNPL option shall be limited to only credit card, debit card and redemption of airasia points.
- Upon successful confirmation of your reservation of Hotel Package, you shall be notified of any applicable free cancellation policy and timeline. You shall have the right to cancel your booking in accordance with the stipulated free cancellation policy and we shall not charge your payment method for such cancellation.
- You agree and accept that in the event (i) the date of your booking of Hotel Package (“Booking Date”) differs from the Charge Date; (ii) the currency in which you are charged for booking (“Charge Currency”) is different from the displayed product currency of the Hotel Package (“Product Currency”); and (iii) the exchange rate between the Charge Currency and the Product Currency fluctuates prior to the Charge Date, your final charged amount upon Charge Date may varies subject to currency fluctuation.
Cancellation and Refund
- Unless specifically mentioned at the time of booking and contained in the confirmation of booking, every booking of Hotel Package once confirmed is not refundable, transferable or exchangeable. Any request to transfer or exchange hotels or dates will not be entertained once you have successfully made payment for a Hotel Package. The cancellation policy for every Hotel Package can be found in the booking page before you make your payment.
- Further, you acknowledge and accept that you may be bound by the cancellation and refund policy of the Hotel Package you have booked, which, if any, will be included as part of information for the Hotel Package before or at the point of completion of your booking. This information will also be contained in the confirmation of booking email.
- Notwithstanding the above, should you be eligible for a cancellation and/or refund, you agree and accept that a cancellation fee shall be applicable. The cancellation fees will be chargeable by us and deducted from the amount paid for your Hotel Package booking. For illustration purposes, the refund you receive equals the total amount you paid for the Hotel Package less the applicable cancellation fee.
- In the event, through no fault of you, your Hotel Package booking is cancelled, you agree and accept that the only liability of us to you shall be a full refund of the amount paid for the booking.
- Under normal circumstances, refund of Hotel Package will take up to 14 working days. Such qualifying refund will be released back to the same medium of payment you used to make payment of the booking. You agree that AirAsia points redemption made during the booking will not be refunded.
- Save for the foregoing refund policy, you agree, accept and acknowledge that we will not be liable for any further damages, claims or compensation in the event of flight cancellation or flight change by the airline or by you.
- You agree and understand that AirAsia shall not be liable in a Force Majeure (hereunder defined) event resulting in any flight cancellation or flight change by any carrier and/or cancellation of Hotel Package by the Hotel Partner. Save for the foregoing, you agree, accept and acknowledge that we will not be liable for any further damages, claims or compensation in the event of flight cancellation or flight change by any carrier or by you.
- We only provide you the platform to enable you to book a Hotel Package, whereby your hotel stay is operated and fulfilled by the respective Hotel Partner. Hence, we are not in the position of issuing tax invoices on behalf of the Hotel Partner for tax recovery purposes. However, you may download the official receipt of your booking in the email itinerary sent.
- Effective 1 January 2023, in conjunction with the implementation of tourism tax (TTx) by the Royal Malaysian Customs Department on all bookings of the Hotel Package made by travellers who are neither:
(i) Malaysian-nationals (holders of a MyKad card) nor;
(ii) permanent residents of Malaysia (holders of a MyPR card)
(Collectively be referred to as “non-Malaysian”),
you agree and acknowledge that TTx of RM10 per night and per room shall be payable upon your booking of any Hotel Package or upon check-in at the Hotel Partner’s premises, if you or the registered guests are non-Malaysian.
Award of airasia points
- The booking of Hotel Package entitles you to airasia points which is the loyalty feature of the AirAsia membership. To earn airasia points, you will need to be an AirAsia member and log on to the AirAsia membership account at any time before the completion of the purchase. You can register to be an AirAsia member here.
- airasia points is the loyalty and rewards feature of AirAsia membership. This program is operated by BIGLIFE Sdn Bhd (‘BIG’) under the name “BIG Loyalty Program”) and has a unique registration number tied to your AirAsia membership account known as the “BIG Member ID”, which is issued by BIG.
- The usage of airasia points will be subject to the BIGLIFE Membership Terms and Conditions that are available on the BIG’s website ( www.airasiabig.com ). By signing up to the AirAsia membership account, you are deemed to have agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of BIG. Kindly keep yourself updated with the terms and conditions of BIG as it may be updated and revised from time to time.
- You shall be awarded airasia points for Hotel when you use debit card, credit card, or airasia Pocket as a payment method. Notwithstanding our Frequent Flyer program, the award rate shall be 1 airasia point for every spend of RM2.
- airasia points will not be awarded for purchases or bookings made with any promotional codes or vouchers.
- BIG reserves the absolute right, at any time, to verify the validity of each booking and/or identity of passengers who are airasia members at any point in time.
- The award of airasia points will be credited to the airasia member’s loyalty membership account within sixty (60) days after the hotel check-out date (or any other period as BIG deem appropriate).
- BIG reserves the absolute right to substitute and/or replace the award of airasia points from time to time without any prior notice to the airasia members and/or to change the BIG Points award ratio at any time without any prior notice.
- BIG reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, decline or reject any award of airasia points to you and/or to retract or forfeit the awarded airasia points from you if BIG believes or has reason to suspect that you have (singularly or jointly with any other BIG Member) undertaken fraudulent practice(s) and/or activities with respect to the purchase of any products or services through this Hotel Package in order to earn airasia points or undertaken any activities (including but not limited to fraudulent activities) harmful to the Hotel or to BIG.
- Retro-claims by you for the award of airasia points will not be entertained. Any request by you to verify your airasia member account or to be eligible for airasia points after completion of purchase without verifying their respective airasia member account will not be entertained.
- We reserve the right to use any collected personal data in accordance with our privacy statement which can be referred to by clicking the link here. By booking and purchasing a Hotel Package, you are deemed to have consented to such use with no monetary payment whatsoever.
- If for any reason airasia Hotel is unable to proceed or operate smoothly due to your actions, including but not limited to irregularity, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of airasia Hotel, we reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel and terminate your Hotel Package booking.
- We reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel and terminate your Hotel Package booking if we have proof or reasonably believe that you (singularly or jointly with any other persons) undertook fraudulent practices and/or activities for any Hotel Package booking or purchase or other activities harmful to airasia Hotel or to us. We further reserve the right to block your airasia account from performing future transactions on the Platform.
- You will be responsible for all transactions or redemption of airasia points made for the Hotel Package, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent, and you may not claim against us in connection with any such use or purported use of your account.
- If an unauthorized transaction or redemption of airasia points has been made for the Hotel Package, you agree and accept that we reserve the right to not provide you with a refund in the event that the Hotel Package has a non-refundable policy imposed by the Hotel Partner.
- You are allowed to book the Hotel Package for another third party however, such third party will be bound by the same Terms and Conditions stipulated hereunder. You also agree and accept that you shall be fully responsible for the Hotel Package booking made on behalf of the third party and we disclaim all liability arising thereof.
- We reserve the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend airasia Hotel with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason hereto. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by us shall not entitle you to any claim or compensation against us for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- We reserve the absolute right to vary, delete, update or add to any of these terms and conditions (wholly or in part) from time to time without any prior notice. Our decision in relation to all aspects of airasia Hotel and the Hotel Package is deemed final, binding and conclusive under all circumstances and no correspondence, complaint or appeal whatsoever will be entertained.
- AirAsia, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with airasia Hotel or the Hotel Package.
- We are not responsible for providing the actual Hotel Package and it does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement by us of any hotels or Hotel Package listed, offered or sold through the Platform or the quality, service level or rating thereof. We hereby expressly disclaims any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, fitness, merchantability, suitability, status or adequacy of any Hotel Package listed or offered by the Hotel Partners under the Platform.
- We shall not be held liable for any claim, damages, personal injury or death, which you may incur or suffer during your stay at the hotel property.
- You agree to defend and indemnify us and any of our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party or your use of our information.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Hotel Partner’s terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail but only to the extent to such inconsistency. The terms and conditions contained herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any advertising materials for airasia Hotel.
- The Terms and Conditions may be translated to other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English and translated versions, the English language shall prevail.
Force Majeure shall mean any unforeseen and supervening circumstance beyond AirAsia, AirAsia Flight, Other Airline and/or Hotel Partner’s (collectively referred to as “the Parties” and singularly as “the Party”) reasonable control (and not involving any fault or negligence of the Parties affected) including, without limitation, acts of God, acts of war, revolution, riots, civil commotion, acts of a public enemy, embargo, acts of government in its sovereign capacity, strikes, lockouts, boycotts, labour and/or material supply shortage, connection, communication line or utility failures, fire, earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters and epidemic and pandemic as pronounced by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or the government of one of the Party.