If I do not wish to fly after purchasing a flight or if I could not show up for flight, what can I refund?
The booking of a seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is made and after we issue you a booking number and/or the Itinerary.
However, you can get a refund on Airport Tax. In the situation where you did not board the flight, you may request for a refund on the Airport Tax paid, within six (6) months after the scheduled date of flight departure. You have the option of an AirAsia Credit Account or back to the original mode of payment.
Should you prefer the AirAsia Credit Account, the full amount of the airport taxes paid will be refunded. On the contrary, refund back to the Original Payment Mode is subject to a refund fee (per guest per sector) as stated in our Fees and Charges. Other services purchased together with the flight would not be refunded.
- Approved refund requests for domestic flight within Malaysia and Indonesia will be refunded in the form of Credit Account only.
- Refund is not applicable for flights departing from Myanmar.
- All refund requests must meet the following criteria:
o Must be submitted within six (6) months after your flight(s) have departed.
o One (1) or more guests did not board the flight(s).
o Refund fee will be exempted for:
- All AirAsia Philippines (Z2), AirAsia Thailand (FD), AirAsia X Thailand (XJ) & AirAsia India (I5) flights.
- All flights departing from Thailand.
- All flights departing from Hong Kong.
Note: Guests who did not board their flight departing from Manila, Philippines can request for an International Passenger Service Charge refund, within one (1) year from the booking date. Refund fee will be exempted.
cancel, refund, miss flight, not to travel, airport tax, tax, late, do not fly, unable to fly, unfit, show up, circumstance, sick, ill, surgery, medical condition, no show, dont want to fly, cancel booking, Is airport tax refundable,