Action taken in case of denied boarding due to oversold tickets
In case denied boarding due to oversold tickets is expected for a flight departing from an airport located in Korea, we will minimize involuntary denied boarding by seeking for passengers who volunteer to give up their seats for a flight at a later time, and we will compensate the remaining passengers denied boarding in accordance with the Air Transportation User Protection Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) announced by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Korea (the “MOLIT”).
Action taken in case of damage to baggage
• In case of any damage incurred due to loss of or breakage to checked baggage, we are liable to the extent where the cause of such damage took place on the aircraft or during our management of the checked baggage. However, we are not liable in case the cause of such damage is found to be any innate defect, special nature or hidden flaw of the checked baggage.
• In case of any damage incurred due to loss or breakage of carry-on baggage, we are liable to the extent such damage was caused by willful misconduct or negligence, our employer or agent. incurred due to loss or breakage of baggage to the extent prescribed by Conventions (defined below) or domestic law. However, in case the passenger reported the expected value as of the time of baggage claim at the destination in advance when checking in the baggage, we are liable to the extent of the reported value, unless we provide proof that the reported value exceeds the actual value at the time of baggage claim at the destination.
• We are liable for damage incurred due to delay of baggage claim. However, we are not liable in case we, our employer or agent provide proof that any and all actions reasonably required for the prevention of damage have been implemented, or that it was impossible to take such action.
Guideline on cancellation/refund or change of flight ticket
We provide information on associated costs and procedures (including relevant timeframes) for cancellation, refund and change of flights, requirements for exemption of such costs on our website homepage.
Action taken in case of delay within the Tarmac
• We will not delay within the tarmac with passengers on board for more than 3 hours in case of domestic flight and 4 hours in case of international flight. Delay shall mean the time from close of aircraft door for departure until landing, or until opening of aircraft door to unload passengers.
• In case of a delay within the tarmac, we will notify the passengers of the cause of such delay and any progress thereof every 30 minutes.
• In case a delay within the tarmac lasts more than 2 hours, we will provide food as appropriate to our passengers. However, we ask for your understanding that such service may not be provided in case the Captain determines that it may threaten safety or security of the aircraft.
• However, the foregoing may not apply in case the captain determines that there is a safety or security issue such as instruction from meteorological or government agency which inevitably require delay within the tarmac area, or in case a government agency, etc., provides its opinion that returning to boarding gate or unloading passengers at an area other than the boarding gate may cause significant confusion.
Flight ticket changes after sale
At any time after a booking has been made changes, cancellations, diversions, postponements, reschedules and/or delays of any flight may occur due to circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons or government related reasons. Passenger shall be informed of the said via SMS notification as per information provided by the passenger.
• Passengers may confirm the baggage charge, free baggage weight and free baggage number for flight tickets we sell in Korea on our website.
• In case of code-share tickets we sell in Korea, we provide information on the operating carrier, the fact that there may be a fare difference between the seller and the operating carrier, airline which process the check-in procedure, and applicable baggage policy.
• Passengers may check the cabin layout including information on seat layout, emergency exit location, etc., on our website.
• We will provide guideline on our website for 3 months in case there is any change in our policy on baggage charge or free baggage weight.
• “We” shall mean an airline affiliated with the AirAsia Group, registered and operating as a foreign international air transportation business operator with MOLIT in accordance with the Aviation Act of Korea.
• “Checked-in baggage” shall mean baggage submitted by a passenger with a valid flight ticket received by us issued with a baggage claim slip, and “carry-on baggage” shall mean all other baggage.
• “Conventions” shall mean (i) the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw on 12 October 1929 (the “Warsaw Convention”)”, (ii) the Protocol to Amend the Warsaw Convention signed at Hague on September 28, 1955 (the “Amended Warsaw Convention”), or, (iii) the Protocol to Additionally Amend the Warsaw Convention signed at Montreal on May 28, 1999, among which has been promulgated in Korea pursuant to Article 6 of the Constitution of Korea to have the same effect as domestic law.
• Any matter not prescribed under this Service Plan for Air Transportation Users shall be subject to aviation-related laws and the Guideline announced by MOLIT.