SEPANG, 1 October 2013
AirAsia’s flight schedule to/from Bali, Indonesia will be adjusted due to the temporary closure of the Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali due to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) CEO Summit 2013 which will be held on the island from 5 – 7 October 2013.
The Ngurah Rai International Airport will be closed to all commercial flights on the following dates and times (GMT+8):
- 6 October 2013: 10am – 8pm
- 8 October 2013: 1 – 8pm
- 9 October 2013: 7am – 2pm
As a result of the temporary airport closure, a total of 53 AirAsia flights will be retimed and 81 flights will be cancelled.
Ngurah Rai International Airport has also notified all airlines of possible flight delays on 5 October and 7 of October 2013 for all travels to / from Bali.
All affected guests who hold bookings on the abovementioned period will be notified of their respective flight status through their registered e-mail addresses and via SMS.
Affected guests will also be offered the following service recovery options:
- Credit Shell – a credit account with AirAsia with the value equivalent to the confirmed booking and can be used to purchase other AirAsia flights. The credit Shell is valid for 3 months (90 days) only, from the date of issue;
- Full refund in the value equivalent to guests’ booking and in the form of the original payment;
- Move flight (reschedule) within 10 calendar days before / after the original departure date at no additional cost, based on availability and on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information and assistance, guests could get in touch with AirAsia Customer Care representatives via Live Chat at airasia.com/ask. Guests are required to have their booking reference number (PNR) at hand when contacting AirAsia for assistance.
Queries could also be channelled via e-form at http://www.airasia.com/my/en/e-form.page.
Up-to-date information is also available on AirAsia’s Social Media channels on Facebook (facebook.com/airasia) or Twitter (twitter.com/airasia).
To receive information and assistance in Indonesia, guests could also get in touch with AirAsia Indonesia’s call centre at +62129270999 or +623619360108 (Bali local assistance).