Bangkok 22 June 2015
Thai AirAsia X Temporarily Suspends Services to Sapporo, Japan
From 1 August 2015 onwards, offers full assistance for passengers
Affirms Return to Service once Thai Aviation Situation Normalizes
Tokyo, Osaka and Seoul routes remain as scheduled
Thai AirAsia X announces the temporary suspension of its service to Sapporo, Japan from this 1 August 2015 onward, due to the unresolved Thai aviation situation with the International Civil Aviation Organization or ICAO, which has affected service on the route.
Nadda Buranasiri, CEO of Thai AirAsia X, elaborated that due to the circumstances the airline has been forced to temporarily suspend its newest route. The suspension to the daily direct Bangkok-Sapporo flight is the only impact from the situation on Thai AirAsia X. Mr. Nadda remarked that the turn of events is regrettable due to Sapporo being a high potential destination with year-round travel attractions. He apologized to all passengers who previously booked flights to travel from Bangkok to Sapporo from 31 July onward and from Sapporo to Bangkok from 1 August onward and welcomed them to access the airline’s available options. The CEO added that once the situation returns to normal, the Sapporo route will once again be made available.
“We will continue to fly to Tokyo and Osaka in Japan and Seoul in South Korea as scheduled as they are routes Thai AirAsia X was approved to serve before the current circumstances. Everyone can feel assured that we will continue to offer promotional fares to stimulate travel and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the routes we serve”.
Thai AirAsia X is providing full support and cooperation to the Thai government so that it can quickly remedy the situation surrounding Thailand’s aviation sector.
At present, Thai AirAsia X has been able to secure temporary permission from the Japan Civil Aviation Bureau or JCAB to fly from Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport (DMK) to New Chitose Airport (CTS) of Sapporo, Japan 1 time daily to offset effects to its passengers. AirAsia X (Malaysia) has been assisting by supplementing flights since this past 1 May 2015.
However, due to the prolonged situation, the airline has been forced to temporarily suspend its Bangkok-Sapporo route.
Passengers with bookings on flight XJ620 Bangkok-Sapporo from 31 July 2015 onward and XJ621 Sapporo-Bangkok from 1 August 2015 onward will have the following options available:
1. Switch to earlier travel date. Those scheduled to travel on XJ620 from Bangkok to Sapporo may change their flight to D7620 in order to travel between today until 30 July 2015 at no cost. Those scheduled to travel on XJ621 from Sapporo to Bangkok may change their flight to travel on D7621 between today until 31 July 2015 at no cost. Changes will only be permitted one time, subject to seat availability.
2. Change the destination of the round-trip ticket in order to fly with Thai AirAsia X from Bangkok to Tokyo or Osaka at no cost(XJ flights only)*. Changes must be made for travel within 14 days prior or after the original travel date. Changes will be permitted one time, subject to seat availability.
3. Transfer cost of flight to a 180 day Credit Shell that may be used for the purchase of goods and services from AirAsia via www.airasia.com (such as flight tickets, pick-a-seat, pre-booking meals, baggage weight, etc.).
4. Receive a full refund via the channel in which payment for the booking was made.
Passengers may access the above options by contacting the AirAsia Call Center in Thailand at Tel. 02-515-9999, in Japan at Tel. 0120-963-516, or online via the E-Form available at http://www.airasia.com/th/en/e-form.page starting from today.
Thai AirAsia X regrets this situation and sincerely apologizes for any inconveniences caused. The airline will continue to serve flights to Tokyo and Osaka, Japan and Seoul, South Korea as usual.
* Thai AirAsia X reserves the right to assist passengers on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to seat availability