THESE GENERAL RULES APPLY TO YOU ("PARTICIPANT") FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE AIRASIA UFC TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP 2019 (“TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP”) ORGANISED BY ZUFFA, LLC AND AIRASIA BERHAD (“ORGANISERS”).
1. If the Participant is selected for the Training Scholarship, then the Participant shall report to such venue, at the date and time as informed by the Organisers and any delay in reporting shall automatically disqualify the Participant from participating in the Training Scholarship.
2. The participation of the Participant in the Registration shall mean that the Participant has read, understood, accepted and agrees to abide with all the terms and conditions as stated on “http://www.airasia.com/ufcscholarship” in relation to the Video and Photo Submission Release contained herein.
3. The Participant must not have criminal conviction, travel restrictions, outstanding criminal warrants, or an arrangement or a contract that prevents them from participating in the Training Scholarship. The Organisers retains the right to perform background checks on all Participants.
4. The Participant hereby agrees and confirms that Participant does not have any medical and/or physical and/or emotional condition which can jeopardize the Participant's eligibility and performance for the Training Scholarship.
5. The cost of travel for participating in the Training Scholarship shall be borne by AirAsia. If Participant has any issue with travel or costs associated with travel, Participant hereby agrees to resolve such issues solely with AirAsia and Participant forever waives any claims against Zuffa related to such issues.
6. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Participant or their parents or legal guardians even if such loss arises as a result of him/her being selected for the Training Scholarship.
The Organisers reserve the right to exclude, in its sole and absolute discretion, any individual from the Training Scholarship process for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these Terms and Conditions, or tampering with the entry process or the Training Scholarship process. The Organisers also reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, with or without notice. BEING CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE AT ANY LEVEL IN THE PROCESS DOES NOT ENSURE THAT YOU WILL BE SELECTED TO FURTHER TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP.
8. The Participant hereby agrees and confirms that any and all decisions of the Organisers in connection with participation, selection, disqualification in the Training Scholarship, is final and binding and is non-contestable. The Participant shall neither question such process nor dispute the same in any manner. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of above, decision of the Organisers shall be final and binding on all parties/persons.
9. The Organisers shall have the right to shortlist Participants by conducting any other form of audition, including or excluding the current Training Scholarship, as per its sole discretion and the Participant shall not dispute the same.
10. Further Documentation
In the event the Organisers chooses the Participant in any activities related to the Training Scholarship , you will be required by the Organisers to fill out, sign and agree to all of the terms and conditions of additional forms, including, without limitation, a Participant Waiver Form, Confidentiality Agreement and Permission for a Background Investigation. ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE ANY FORM, GIVE ANY FALSE INFORMATION, OR FAIL TO REVEAL ANY PERTINENT INFORMATION, YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION PROCESS.
11. For the duration that the Participant is at the selection for the Training Scholarship, any behavior deemed inappropriate by the Organisers will result in immediate disqualification in the selection process. These can include, without limitation, offensive posts on social media, verbal abuse to another candidate. Any physical assault to another Participant, judges, or event organizers will result in immediate disqualification.
Any personal information supplied by you to the Organisers for the purposes of this Training Scholarship will be subject to the Organiser’s privacy policies. By participating in this Training Scholarship, you grant the Organisers the permission to share, process and store your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the Organisers and its affiliates for the purpose of this Training Scholarship.
13. Conduct of Selection
The award of the Training Scholarship shall in addition to these General Terms be subject to the terms provided on http://www.airasia.com/ufcscholarship ("Submission Terms"). The Submission Terms will identify eligibility requirements, how to enter, and require confirmation that Participant has agreed to these General Terms, the Video and Photo Submission Release, and the Participation Waiver.
Winners will be selected to receive a Training Scholarship based upon the following criteria as judged by judges selected by Zuffa:
Participant understands, acknowledges and agrees that the criteria above are only guidelines for the judges, and the judges will make experiential decisions based on such criteria. Participant understands, acknowledges and agrees that this contest is not one of chance, but of MMA skills, athletic ability, and perceived coachabilty. Participant understands, acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of the judges shall be final.
In the event Participant is initially selected for a Training Scholarship and is later is deemed to be ineligible for any reason, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges, then Participant shall be deemed to forfeit any Training Scholarship, shall be deemed to not be a recipient of a Training Scholarship, and such Training Scholarship shall be awarded to another Participant.
14. These General Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of Nevada without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. All actions or proceedings arising out of or related to these General Rules shall be litigated in any local, state or federal court located in Clark County, Nevada. The parties hereto consent to personal jurisdiction in any local, state or federal court located in Clark County, Nevada and hereby waive any objection to process based on personal jurisdiction.
15. In the event that any portion of these General Rules is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction be unenforceable in whole or in part, said provision shall be limited or curtailed to the extent necessary to bring it within the requirement of present or future law, these General Rules shall be construed as if said provision had been incorporated herein as so limited, or as if said provision has not been included herein, as the case may be.
16. Each party has had the opportunity to be represented by counsel of its choice in negotiating these General Rules. These General Rules shall therefore be deemed to have been negotiated and prepared at the joint request, direction, and construction of the parties, at arm's length, with the advice and participation of counsel, and will be interpreted in accordance with its terms without favor to any party. The parties hereto and their respective counsel have reviewed these General Rules, and the normal rule of construction to the effect that any ambiguities in these General Rules are to be resolved against the drafting party are not to be employed in the interpretation these General Rules.
17. Nothing contained in these General Rules shall create or be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between the Participant and the Organisers. Participant shall not have the authority to bind the Organisers in any respect.