SNAP Terms and Conditions
- This platform allows you to purchase a flight, hotel room and hotel related add ons under one booking reference number (“SNAP”).These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall govern your SNAP booking on the airasia.com website and airasia superapp mobile application (collectively known as “the Platform”), which are owned and operated by us.
- This Terms and Conditions shall be the legally binding document between you and AirAsia Com Travel Sdn Bhd (“AirAsia, us, we, our”).
- SNAP is offered by us in collaboration with various airlines and hotel suppliers. The hotel room together with hotel related add ons (“Hotel Package”) is offered, provided and supplied by the respective hotel or their merchant partners or service partners (“Hotel Partners”). As for flights, they are provided by airasia branded airlines (“AirAsia Flight”) or other airlines (“Other Airline”).
- You accept and acknowledge that we are only a distributor of such Hotel Package and flights and hence, assumes no liability should there be any loss or damages as a result of any act or omission or negligence on the part of the AirAsia Flight, Other Airline and/or Hotel Partners in the course of its performance. In addition, you will be subjected to the terms of carriage, fare rules and conditions of the AirAsia Flight, Other Airline and the terms and conditions of the Hotel Partners, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
Booking and Purchase Process
- SNAP is available to the general public and all transactions on the Platform are completed, handled, processed and collected by us in Malaysia. We are the first point of customer support in relation to your SNAP booking as such should you have any inquiries please contact us through our customer service.
- Once payment is confirmed, you will receive your “Flight Itinerary” and a “Hotel Booking Confirmation” email from us. You agree to check the details of your purchase in the email and to inform us immediately if any of the details contained therein are incorrect.
- You agree and acknowledge that certain flights may be subject to the applicable visa requirements, which you shall be responsible to obtain. Please check with the local laws of the country you are traveling from, into, over or transiting, for such visa requirements. We shall in no way be responsible for any issues, including but not limited to your inability to travel and check into a hotel, arising out of such visa requirements and shall also not be liable to refund for your inability to travel or check due to any such reason.
- Hotel Package offered via SNAP are strictly subject to availability.
Cancellation and Refund of SNAP
- Bookings for Hotel Package made under SNAP cannot be changed or canceled and are non-refundable. In the event that you cancel any of the AirAsia Flight or Other Airline flight booking including ‘no show’ at your own volition, the Hotel Package booked by you via SNAP will not and cannot be canceled. As such, you will not be able to claim for a refund if you do not fulfill your stay and the total amount paid in respect of the Hotel Package will be forfeited. You will also be charged a a cancellation fee for voluntary cancellation of your SNAP booking.
- Where a flight cancellation or flight change involves an AirAsia Flight, you will be refunded by way of a credit for both the AirAsia Flight booking and Hotel Package. Where a flight cancellation or flight change involves Other Airline, you will be refunded back to your original payment method for the Hotel Package while the refund for your flight booking with the Other Airline is subject to the Other Airline’s refund policy.
- Requests for re-booking of Hotel Package at the same or different hotel at the same or another date will not be entertained. Please note that you may also be offered a refund or credit account at the sole discretion of us for flights that have been rescheduled to another date by the AirAsia Flight or Other Airline.
- You agree and understand that AirAsia shall not be liable in a Force Majeure (hereunder defined) event resulting in flight cancellation or flight change by AirAsia Flight, Other Airline and/or cancellation of Hotel Package by the Hotel Partner. Saved for the foregoing, you agree, accept and acknowledge that we will not be liable for any further damages, claims or compensation in the event of flight cancellation or flight change by the AirAsia Flight, Other Airline or by you.
Award of airasia points
- SNAP entitles you to earn airasia points in accordance with the following steps:
- must be an AirAsia member (having subscribed and registered for membership under the loyalty and rewards program operated by BIGLIFE Sdn Bhd (“BL”) under the name “airasia Rewards Program”) and have a unique registration number known as the “AirAsia Member ID” issued by AirAsia at the time of booking; and
- log in to your AirAsia account in the Platform to book SNAP to be eligible to receive airasia points. The usage of airasia points will be subject to the BIGLIFE Membership Terms and Conditions that is available on the BL’s website (https://www.airasia.com/rewards/en/gb). Kindly keep yourself updated with the terms and conditions of BL as it may be updated and revised from time to time.
- You shall be awarded airasia points for SNAP when you use debit card, credit card, credit account or airasia Pocket as a payment method. Notwithstanding our Frequent Flyer program, the award rate shall be 1 airasia point for every spend of RM2.
- airasia points will not be awarded for purchases made with any promotional codes or vouchers.
- BL reserves the absolute right, at any time, to verify the validity of each SNAP booking and/or identity of passengers who are AirAsia members at any point of time.
- The award of airasia points will be credited to AirAsia member’s membership account within sixty (60) days after the hotel check-out date (or any other period as BL deems appropriate).
- BL reserves the absolute right to substitute and/or replace the award of airasia points from time to time without any prior notice to the AirAsia members and/or to change airasia points award ratio at any time without any prior notice.
- BL reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, decline or reject any award of airasia points to you and/or to retract or forfeit the awarded airasia points from you if BL believes or has reason to suspect that you have (singularly or jointly with any other AirAsia member) undertaken fraudulent practice(s) and/or activities with respect to the purchase of any products or services through SNAP in order to earn airasia points or undertaken any activities (including but not limited to fraudulent activities) harmful to SNAP or to BL.
- Retro-claims by you for the award of airasia points will not be entertained. Any request by you to verify your AirAsia member account or to be eligible for airasia points after completion of purchase without verifying their respective AirAsia member account will not be entertained.
- Redemption of airasia points for SNAP will be allowed for SNAP bookings with AirAsia Flight only. You agree and accept that you will not be able to redeem airasia points for SNAP bookings involving Other Airline.
- We reserve the right to use any collected personal data in accordance with our privacy statement which can be referred to by clicking the link:https://www.airasia.com/aa/about-us/en/gb/privacy-statement.html. By booking and purchasing SNAP, you are deemed to have consented to such use with no monetary payment whatsoever.
- If for any reason SNAP is unable to proceed or operate smoothly due to your actions, including but not limited to irregularity, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct os SNAP, we reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel and terminate your SNAP booking.
- We reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel and terminate your SNAP booking if we have proof or reasonably believe that you (singularly or jointly with any other persons) undertook fraudulent practices and/or activities for any SNAP booking or purchase or other activities harmful to SNAP or to us. We further reserve the right to block your airasia account from performing future transactions on the Platform.
- You will be responsible for all transactions or redemption of airasia points made for SNAP, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent, and you may not claim against us in connection with any such use or purported use of your account.
- If an unauthorized transaction or redemption of airasia points has been made for SNAP, you agree and accept that we reserve the right to not provide you with a refund in the event that the Hotel Package has a non-refundable policy imposed by the Hotel Partner.
- The guest(s) details for the Hotel Package via SNAP shall follow details of the flight passenger(s). You are not allowed to book the Hotel Package for any other third party. Once a booking is made, you are not allowed to make any changes to the guest(s) details.
- We reserve the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend SNAP with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason hereto. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by us shall not entitle you to any claim or compensation against us for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The terms and conditions contained herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any advertising materials for SNAP.
- We reserve the absolute right to vary, delete, update or add to any of these terms and conditions (wholly or in part) from time to time without any prior notice. Our decision in relation to all aspects of SNAP is deemed final, binding and conclusive under all circumstances and no correspondence, complaint or appeal whatsoever will be entertained.
- AirAsia, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with SNAP.
- We are not responsible for providing the actual Hotel Package. SNAP does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement by us of any hotels or Hotel Package listed, offered or sold through SNAP or the quality, service level or rating thereof. We hereby expressly disclaims any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, fitness, merchantability, suitability, status or adequacy of any Hotel Package listed or offered by the Hotel Partners under SNAP.
- We shall not be held liable for any claim, damages, personal injury or death, which you may incur or suffer during your stay at the hotel property.
- You agree to defend and indemnify us and any of our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party or your use of our Information.
- In addition to the terms and conditions contained herein, you also acknowledge and accept that upon checking-in, you will be further subjected to the respective Hotel Partner’s terms and conditions that can be found in the relevant Hotel Partner’s website.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Hotel Partner’s terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail but only to the extent to such inconsistency.
- The Terms and Conditions may be translated to other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English and translated versions, the English language shall prevail.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and subjected to the jurisdiction of a forum in Malaysia.
Force Majeure shall mean any unforeseen and supervening circumstance beyond AirAsia, AirAsia Flight, Other Airline and/or Hotel Partner’s (collectively referred to as “the Parties” and singularly as “the Party”) reasonable control (and not involving any fault or negligence of the Parties affected) including, without limitation, acts of God, acts of war, revolution, riots, civil commotion, acts of a public enemy, embargo, acts of government in its sovereign capacity, strikes, lockouts, boycotts, labour and/or material supply shortage, connection, communication line or utility failures, fire, earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters and epidemic and pandemic as pronounced by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or the government of one of the Party.