Flights General Terms and Conditions
[September 2023 version]
- The airasia.com website and airasia Superapp mobile application (collectively known as 'the Platform'), which are owned by AIRASIA COM TRAVEL SDN BHD offers you a seamless process to search, discover, book and pay for a flight (“Flight Booking”). The Flight Booking on airasia.com/flights/search. will be governed by the Platform's terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- This Terms and Conditions shall be the legally binding document between you and AirAsia Com Travel Sdn Bhd (“AirAsia, us, we, our”).
- The Platform enables you to search, discover, book and pay for flight tickets from various airlines for a direct, stopover or multi-cities travelling in a single travel itinerary (“Flights”) which will be issued as two or more separate bookings by the respective airline (“Airline”). The service recovery due to any modifications (voluntary or involuntary) including flight change, disruption, delay and cancellation shall be subjected to the airlines' terms and conditions respectively.
- You acknowledge and accept that we only provide the service for Flight Booking where the Flights are operated and fulfilled by the respective Airline. Further, you agree and understand that the Flights displayed on the Platform are either sourced directly from the Airline and/or from a legitimate third party (“Travel Suppliers”).
- In addition, you will be subjected to the terms of carriage of the Airline and any fare rules and conditions applicable to the Flight Booking purchased by you, which are hereby incorporated by reference. You may obtain the terms of carriage from the relevant Airline's website or through our customer support.
Booking and Purchase Process
- The Flight Booking service is available to the general public and all transactions on the Platform are completed, handled, processed and collected by us in Malaysia.
- Please note that all prices for Flights on the Platform are for your Flight Booking only and are for the requested Flights and for the number of people indicated, unless indicated otherwise. The prices are displayed per person. You agree and acknowledge that the fare imposed by the Airline and the prices for Flights offered by us on the Platform may vary. The final price for the Flights are as displayed in our payment page on the Platform and should you proceed to make payment for the Flight Booking, you agree and accept that such amount is payable by you.
- Once payment is confirmed, you make an offer to book the Flights subject to these Terms and Conditions (“Booking Request”). You acknowledge that the “Flight Payment Successful” email received after the submission of your Booking Request does not indicate a confirmed booking, and only indicates that your Booking Request has been received by us for processing, which may take between 3 to 24 hours for booking confirmation.
Should the booking is unsuccessful, refund will be issued as follows:- 1) Credit Card - as soon as possible 2) Online Banking - generally between 7 to 14 days, however, the refund processing can vary from one merchant bank to another.
- You agree to check the details of your purchase in the email and to inform us immediately if any of the details contained therein are incorrect.
- We shall use reasonable endeavors to issue your Ticket within the time frame we set out in the “Flight Payment Successful” email. If your flight ticket is not issued within this time frame, please contact our customer service.
- When your Flight Booking is confirmed, you will receive a “Flight Booking Confirmed” email from us or our Travel Suppliers which will also include your travel itinerary.
- Purchase of ancillary goods and services would be subject to the terms of carriage of each respective Airline.
- Kindly refer to the respective Airline for important flight information on the Airlines’ official website including but not limited to:
For avoidance of doubt, once the booking is confirmed, you may be charged a fee or a penalty for any subsequent changes such as name or date change. Except specified by the respective country law, certain flight tickets are classified as non-refundable/non-transferable.
Please ensure that the contact details in the confirmed booking are correct and up-to-date for the purpose of communication. We shall not be responsible for your failure to provide correct contact details in the confirmed booking. As we only provide a booking service, we will not be informed of any changes you make to a confirmed booking directly with the Airline.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all travel and entry requirements are fulfilled for the destination and/or transit (if applicable) countries. We will not be liable for your failure related to travel and entry requirements including but not limited to invalid passport or visa that results in deportation, alternate flight arrangement and any cost associated to such failure on your part. Please click here to check on your travel and entry requirements.
Once you check-in, you will be subjected to the terms of carriage of the Airline. Please visit the Airline’s official website for a copy of the terms of carriage.
We only provide you the platform to enable you to book a flight, whereby the flights are operated and fulfilled by the respective Airline. Hence, we are not in the position of issuing invoices on behalf of the Airline for tax recovery purposes.
You agree and acknowledge that you may also be communicated directly by our Travel Suppliers for flight disruption notifications.
- check-in and boarding times;
- seat selection;
- baggage allowances and restrictions; and
- possibility of booking an infant/child tickets online
Changing (includes upgrading), Canceling or Refund of Flight Booking
- You are advised to check the fare rules and applicable conditions with the respective airlines for the Flight Booking. This is because the rules and conditions may vary by fare class and point of sale. Also, the conditions to change or cancel your Flight Booking depends on whether the change/cancellation was requested by you or by the Airline. As we are the first point of customer support for your Flight Booking, please contact us directly and we will assist to provide you with relevant information or get you connected to the respective Airline.
- In the event of a ‘no show’ at your own volition, the refund policy for your Flight Booking is subject to the applicable fare rules and conditions of the Airline and/or any applicable governing domestic laws and we disclaim any liability arising thereof. For more information on each Airline’s fare rules and conditions or governing domestic laws, please contact our customer service.
- Notwithstanding the above, should you be eligible for a refund under the Airline’s fare rules and conditions, you agree and accept that a cancellation fee of EUR10 shall be applicable for each modification and this is in addition to any applicable charges by Travel Suppliers. While these charges are additional, they are part of the compensation for our services for Flight Booking.
- The cancellation fees will be chargeable by us and deducted from the amount paid for your Flight Booking. For illustration purposes, the refund you receive equals the total amount you paid for the Flight Booking less the applicable cancellation fee. For avoidance of doubt, you further absolve and discharge us from any liability on foreign exchange exposure as a result of converting the relevant currencies received when you made payment to Euro (EUR) for the cancellation fee.
- In the event your Flight Booking is canceled by the Airline, you may choose to move your Flight Booking to another date, subject to Airline’s ability to accommodate the change. You may contact our customer support team here. For avoidance of doubt, should you choose not to move your Flight Booking to another date, you agree and accept that the refund policy is as per Clause 18 above.
- Saved for the foregoing, you agree and accept that we will not be liable for any further damages, claims or compensation in the event of flight cancellation or flight change by the Airline or by you.
- We are the first point of customer support in relation to your Flight Booking, particularly on refunds, as such should you have any inquiries please contact us through our customer service.
- We reserve the right to use any collected personal data in accordance with our privacy statement which can be referred to by clicking the link: https://www.airasia.com/aa/about-us/en/gb/privacy-statement.html. By using the Platform, you are deemed to have consented to such use with no monetary payment whatsoever.
- You may be contacted with respect to any matter under the Platform, at any time deemed appropriate by us, via email or any other mode of communication deemed appropriate by us.
- You agree that once a Flight Booking is made, you are not allowed to make any changes to your personal details.
- The respective Airlines are ultimately responsible for any cancellation or suspension of the Flight Booking. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation or suspension by the respective Airlines shall not entitle you to any claim or compensation against Airasia Com Travel Sdn Bhd for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, or suspension
- We reserve the right to vary, delete, update or add to any of these Terms & Conditions (wholly or in part) by giving at least 30 days prior notice. It is the customers' responsibility to check the latest updates and notice on our website from time to time.
Our decision in relation to all aspects of the Platform and/or Flight Booking is deemed final, binding and conclusive under all circumstances and no correspondence, complaint or appeal whatsoever will be entertained.
- We, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Flight Booking.
- Airasia Com Travel Sdn Bhd is not responsible for fulfilling the Flights. Therefore, in any event of loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the operation or fulfillment of the Flights, the customer shall contact the respective Airline directly.
- The Platform does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement by us of any Airline listed, offered or sold through the Platform or the quality, service level or rating thereof and vice versa. We hereby expressly disclaim any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, fitness, merchantability, suitability, status or adequacy of any Flights listed or offered by the Airline under the Platform.
- You agree to defend and indemnify us and any of our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party or your use of our information.
- In addition to the terms and conditions contained herein, you also acknowledge and accept that upon checking-in, you may be further subjected to the respective Airline’s terms of carriage that can be found in the relevant Airline’s website.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Airline’s terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail but only to the extent to such inconsistency.
- This Terms and Conditions was originally written in English. To the extent any translated version of this Terms and Conditions conflicts with the English version, the English version shall prevail and be given full effect.