AirAsia Ride Passenger Terms and Conditions
AirAsia Ride Passenger Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall govern the booking of a ride made through the AirAsia Ride app (“Book a Ride, Booking a Ride”) and the performance of the ride to the selected destination by the Driver (hereinafter defined) (“Service”) and shall be the legally binding document between you and AirAsia Ride Sdn Bhd (“AirAsia Ride, us, our, we”).
By Booking a Ride and using the Service, you are deemed to have read, understood and expressly agreed to be bound by this Terms and Conditions, which may be amended, modified, added, deleted and corrected at any time. Therefore, we would advise you to review this Terms and Conditions periodically to be aware of such changes. Further, you agree and accept that the updated Terms and Conditions shall supersede all previous versions of the Terms and Conditions with automatic effect once they are posted on our App and/or the airasia.com website, without any further action by us and that you shall be bound by the terms of the most recent version of the Terms and Conditions found on the App and/or the airasia.com website.
You acknowledge that the AirAsia Ride App is only a platform for you to Book a Ride (“App”) with an available driver. Further, you agree that the Service is performed and fulfilled by the driver who is an independent third party and not an employee of AirAsia Ride (“Driver”).
Book a Ride
- To Book a Ride, you must have the legal capacity to be bound by this Terms and Conditions and that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. As and when requested, you shall provide us with your personal identification document for security and identity verification purposes.
- To Book a Ride, you will need to be an AirAsia member and log on to the AirAsia membership account. You can register to be an AirAsia member here.
- You are responsible to provide all information required in the App for the purpose of provision and fulfillment of the Service and to update your personal information in the App from time to time to ensure it is accurate and current.
- As and when requested to do so, you shall provide the actual number of passengers when you Book a Ride. You further acknowledge and agree that if the number of passengers is untrue or inaccurate, the Driver is entitled to cancel your booking and may charge a Cancellation Fee as per the Cancellation Policy as set out below.
- You will have the option to consent and allow access for the App to the use of the Global Positioning System (GPS). We recommend that you provide your consent so the App will be able to indicate locations accurately.
- You shall select the correct pick-up and/or drop-off locations before you confirm to Book a Ride.
- Changes in pick-up and/or drop-off locations are not allowed. Kindly ensure that your pick-up and/or drop-off locations are accurate prior to Booking a Ride. Should you wish to change your pick-up and/or drop-off locations, kindly cancel the existing Book a Ride, and book a new ride with the accurate location.
- You are advised to confirm to Book a Ride only when you are ready to travel. In the event that the Driver has been waiting for longer than five (5) minutes, the Driver has the right to terminate your booking.
- You are entitled to cancel the Book a Ride if you notice that the vehicle or Driver’s details do not match the details shown in the AirAsia Ride App. Should there be payment made under such circumstances, you will be entitled to a refund, if you are able to provide sufficient evidence of the incorrect details.
- You are required to make payment for the charges incurred for the provision of the Service including any applicable tolls, taxes and any other fees or charges due.
- You may select the method of payment at the time of Book a Ride, which may be in the form of cash, Card, BigPoints (coming soon), e-Wallet or one of the automated payment methods made available on the App from time to time. Any method of payment so selected is non-changeable and irrevocable.
- Despite selecting cash or e-Wallet as the method of Payment, you are advised to register at least one valid automated payment method in the App prior to Book a Ride. Automated payment methods shall be in the form of credit card or debit card (“Card”).
- You shall register a valid Card that belongs to you in accordance with the step-by-step instructions as provided in the App. In the event the Card belongs to another person, you hereby warrant and represent that you have obtained the permission from such person to use the Card for the payment of the Service. You agree that we may verify and authenticate the Card details when you first register the Card in the App as well as when you Book a Ride.
- Should you select BigPoints as the method of Payment, you acknowledge that you shall be governed by the terms and conditions of BigLife Sdn Bhd, which can be found here.
- If the tipping feature is available in the App, you may pre-set a default “tip” amount when you Book a Ride. This will automatically be included in the total payment due after the Service has been provided, and is given to the Driver.
- We may, in our sole discretion, create promotional codes that may be redeemed for the booking of the Services, subject to any additional terms that AirAsia Ride establishes on a per promotional code basis.
- Passengers should not remit any additional payment to the Driver apart from the total payable amount reflected in the App. AirAsia Ride’s records will be the source of truth and we shall not be responsible for any dispute of payment exceeding the total amount payable reflected in the App.
- You may cancel your Book a Ride at any time before a Driver is assigned to you.
- If you decide to cancel your Book a Ride or do not show up at the designated location where the Driver is supposed to pick you up, you agree that you may be charged a fee (“Cancellation Fee”) which will be reflected in your next Book a Ride as stipulated in this cancellation policy.
- If you feel you were incorrectly charged a Cancellation Fee, you may contact AirAsia Ride’s chat support available in the App. AirAsia Ride reserves its absolute discretion to any refunds to you.
- If you wish to apply for a refund, you may do so in accordance with the AirAsia Ride refund policy.
- Refund for all mode of payments;
- Submission of refund shall be made to AirAsia Ride’s chat support and our team will be in touch with you for an investigation for approval.
- Upon approval of refund, we will refund you through the AirAsia’s Ride “Cash Wallet” where you will be able to perform the withdrawal of funds to your designated bank account.
- Upon request of withdrawal of funds from the “Cash Wallet” please allow three (3) working days for us to process the withdrawal process.
Rights and Obligations
Please refer here for the Privacy Statement